You may be aware of our recent publication Evidence for the Bible. Authored by Brian Edwards and Clive Anderson it is a beautifully designed large format hardback of over 250 pages. With more than 200 full-colour pictures, it describes some of the key items from the world of archaeology that either illustrate or authenticate the accuracy of the biblical record. Evidence has been written in straightforward non-academic language and yet is thoroughly researched and fully referenced, with timelines, indexes and additional articles. It demands no pre-knowledge of the subject and is written with the reader in mind who has little time or inclination to read at great depth. It is an excellent apologetic and faith-building resource.
The authors, together with their colleague Ian Cooper, regularly take tours of Bible related items in the British Museum, and since the publication of the book have been presenting PowerPoint talks on the subject. Their enthusiastic and lively presentations have proved extremely popular. All three give the presentations to groups of churches, To assist you here is what we can offer:
- There would be no charge for the talk, although we would expect the host church to cover travel costs of the speaker. Any additional honorarium would be left to the discretion of the host church.
- The evening would consist of a talk followed by Q&A. The speaker would bring with him a supply of Evidence for the Bible and these would be sold for half the cover price – £12.50 instead of £25.
- Because of the time and distances involved, we would ask, if possible, for the church to aim for at least 100 people attending.
- To enable you to contact your local churches – both evangelical and others – we will gladly overprint the details of your meeting on the fliers at a nominal cost of £10 per 100. A sample is enclosed.
- The talk is an excellent example of the best of Christian apologetics and is suitable for all ages, especially young Christians and unbelievers. There is so much authentic information for ‘front line’ defence of the gospel.
If you would be interested in hosting a meeting, without a commitment to a particular date at this time, would you please let us know. You can phone this office on 01568 613 740 or e-mail us at Evidence@dayone.co.uk
Below are a list of presentations that are already booked
|Saturday 11th November 2020||Bethersden BC, Kent. Ian Jemmett. email@example.com|
|Saturday 27th February 2021||Portsmouth Grace Baptist. Robert Hollins. firstname.lastname@example.org|