About Us: Statement of Beliefs
The Doctrinal Basis of Our Constitution
- Belief in the triune God whose grace is manifested in the love and righteousness of God the Father; the redeeming work of God the Son; and the life-giving power of God the Holy Spirit through Christ Jesus.
- Belief in the essential Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His incarnation and virgin birth, the truth of all His words, His all sufficient atoning substitutionary death and bodily resurrection, ascension and coming again.
- Belief in the whole Bible consisting of the 39 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New Testament as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, being God's complete authoritative revelation in all matters of doctrine and practice.
- Belief that all are sinners and come short of the glory of God; and in the necessity of the new birth by the Holy Spirit in order to become children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Belief that we should make every effort to proclaim the Gospel of the grace of God through Christ Jesus.
Day One exists to uphold and proclaim the Lord's Day as:
- A creation ordinance
- A command of God
- A celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- A day of rest and worship for the glory of God and the benefit of man.
We seek to do this through preaching publications and parliamentary action. We seek at the same time to proclaim the Gospel and to promote righteousness.